UGH!!!!

9:21 AM Posted by Natalie

I think I have a sinus infection. Actually, I'm pretty certain of it. I've never had one before, but from what I read, the symptoms are there. This has been a particularly nasty cold, but yesterday I started having symptoms I've never had before. I noticed pressure in the left side of my face when I would bend over, then it began to feel like I had a toothache. At first I thought, "Oh, great, is something wrong with my teeth?" My top teeth on the left side just ached. But then as I pressed around, I realized that the pain went all the way up the left side of my face almost to the bridge of my nose. Besides, it seemed unusual to me to have that kind of pain that fast if it was my teeth. Plus, my face is red along my cheek and up over my eye on that side. It looks kind of like a sunburn. Shaun thought it was from me rubbing it occasionally because of the pressure, but I didn't really think so.

So last night I looked up sinus infection symptoms to see if these seemingly strange things could be related to a sinus infection. Sure enough! There are different types of sinus infections and the symptoms for a maxillary sinus infection include pain in the upper teeth and redness along the cheekbone. When I woke up this morning, my cheek was still red. I know I hadn't touched it all night, so Shaun was wrong. Plus, I called my mom this morning to ask her about it because she actually just got diagnosed with a sinus infection a few days ago and she said that yes, pain in the teeth is definitely a symptom. She doesn't have it, but the nurse practitioner asked her if she did. I've been taking some Tylenol sinus stuff, plus some extra Tylenol for the pain. It helps some.

I told Shaun last night that if it wasn't any better today, I was going to go to Urgent Care so I can get checked out and see about getting on an antibiotic. He is opposed to it because he hates antibiotics (even more than I thought, apparently), but I told him that I am not going to just keep going on like this with 4 kids to take care of. This SUCKS!!! I have a new found sympathy for those who get these things all the time. I can't even remember the last time I've taken an antibiotic for anything. Sometimes I think you just really do need one. So, when he gets home with the boys this afternoon, I'm heading down there.

2 comments:

  1. Proud Parents of Halainah Grace said...

    Ugggghhhh!!

    Nat I am so sorry to hear this.

    Hang in there :)

    Tony

  2. cbdkndmom said...

    Oh Nat. I hope you are feeling better soon. What did the doc say?