The Big 1-0

11:27 PM Posted by Natalie

Well, I can't believe it, but 10 years ago today, our Joseph Louis was born! It was actually our second attempt at evicting him from what must have been a nice, cozy place, because he sure didn't want to come out. I was actually due on the 8th with him, and I had tried everything I could think of to go into labor on my own. It seems that here in St. Louis, February is usually a month where we will have some unusually warm days just to tease us with spring and then yank it away. We had such a day right when I was due with Joey, so I went to the carwash and washed the car by hand, just hoping it might trigger something. Nope. Vacuumed the treacherous stairs at home (probably not the smartest thing to do). Nope. So I was induced on the 11th, only to be sent home after 10 hours with no progress. Talk about depressing! Against the doctor's advisement, I had to have a Whopper, fries, and brownies to compensate for the total disappointment. (After all, they starve you from midnight the night before.) As it happened, you had to wait 3 days to be induced again. Although I hoped and prayed I would go on my own before then, it just wasn't going to happen. So, at 6:00 a.m. on February 14th, 1999, they checked me in again. This time, it worked, and Joseph Louis Kummer, my special Valentine, finally made it into this world at 6:52 p.m. He was so freakin' cute!

And now, my baby is 10! Where does the time go? But he is growing into such a sweet, kind young man, and I am very proud of him. He is well-behaved, is doing well in school, and is learning and practicing his Faith with enthusiasm. I have been so blessed with him, and all of our children, even though I'm quite sure I don't deserve it.

Happy 10th Birthday, Joey!!! We love you so much!!!

2 comments:

  1. Angie Vinez said...

    Congrats on making it to double digits! We're not old enough to have kids this old, are we?

    I hope he had a fantastic day!!!

  2. cbdkndmom said...

    Happy birthday Joey!!