Yep, that's why I hate change....

9:05 AM Posted by Natalie

I know I've been quiet lately (I'm sure there are throngs of people out there who care), but in all honesty, it's just been kinda quiet here. Well, as quiet as it can be with 4 young children around ;) I've been sitting here trying to figure out how to get the pictures off my camera that I've been wanting to share and so far haven't had any luck. I put the disk in and the computer supposedly installed the software, but I can't find it. Before my computer pooped out on me, all I had to do was plug in the camera and the camera wizard automatically came up for me to download my pictures. Not happening. Grrr. This is one of those times when I hate change.

Other than computer frustrations, not much else significant to report. Last week, I started painting the boys' room. There's some great chair rail and mouldings in there, so I chose a very dark blue that I had Lowe's custom match to their bedding for underneath the chair rail. It looks awesome! It sets off the white moulding in there so nicely and looks sharp against the light wood floors. I still have to paint the top, which I am planning to do in a light blue.

The kids are all doing well. I'm tired. I've been trying to work on a bow bouquet and basket to put up for the silent auction to benefit the school fundraiser. I've procrastinated too long for a change, so I have a lot to do before Sunday. I just hope I can get it done or I'll feel like a jerk. I don't know if anyone will even want them, but it was all I could think of to do. If I manage to complete them, and if I ever get this camera thing figured out, I will post some pictures.

Shaun's mom and stepdad are coming to town tonight and will be staying with us until May 2nd, I think. Martha, if you read this, I have plans for you ;) This weekend is supposed to be awesome, so I am planning to start my gardening. Last year when we put the house on the market, we decided to do some landscaping in the front because it looked so awful. I LOVED it! I have an almost blank canvas here, so I can't wait to get into the dirt and start planting some pretty flowers. I'm hoping my dear mother-in-law will help ;)

So that's about it from my neck of the woods. Besides, I wouldn't want to overdo it on the excitement and cause anyone heart palpatations or anything like that. I'll keep trying to get this picture thing figured out so I can share some!

2 comments:

  1. Proud Parents of Halainah Grace said...

    Nat, when you plug in your camera, your PC should recognize a USB connection and automatically install the software. If this does not happen, you may not have the drivers installed for your USB array.

    To check, press the windows key (the one with the flag on it) and the break key together. This is a keyboard shortcut that will bring up your system properties. Click on the hardware tab up top, then click on device manager.

    Do you see any yellow question marks? If so, that means you are missing drivers for the hardware.

  2. cbdkndmom said...

    Boring is not always a bad thing. I'm currently relishing it.