Potty Training S.O.S.

10:51 AM Posted by Natalie

Yeah, I posted about this not too long ago here. I'm still looking for anyone who might be able to help me out because I'm seriously frustrated. No, after 4 kids I do not have it all figured out. Bugs the crap out of me! LOL! So this morning we had another lovely poop incident with Lauren. Nothing catastrophically disgusting, but gross enough. I'd given her her undies to change into as I usually do. It wasn't until she'd pulled her diaper off saying, "Ewww!" that I realized she must have pooped in it and didn't tell me. Needless to say, I had to put her in the bathtub.

This girl is going to be 3 in about three months. She has been going pee on the potty since August or September of last year. What is the deal with the poop?!?! Joey was the SAME way. We had issues with Kyle, too, but I think he was still a little easier than both Joey and Lauren. Alec was the only one who did both at about the same time. Would putting her in underwear exclusively help? Because that is the only thing left I can think of to do. But if she is like her oldest brother, he couldn't have cared less. He pooped in his underwear and happily went about his business with it in his pants. So I don't know if that will do anything other than make it worse to clean up. Joey finally started pooping in the potty during a trip to Florida when he ran around naked most of the time. Our Florida visit is still 3 months away. Any other ideas?

Between the dog peeing all over everything (more incidents yesterday, including the discovery that he had peed in the infant carseat in the basement) and her pooping herself all the time, I'm about done! Kids and pets are gross.

1 comments:

  1. Lee Ann said...

    I can so relate! I am on my 4th and starting to potty train. He still does not have any interest (will not be 3 until Dec). My daughter was such a breeze and got the hang of both right after turning 2. My next son was the worst (and he will love that I shared this online!). He would not poop on the toilet. He knew he had to but was I guess afraid of the "splash" or something and would poop behind the couch, in the closet, under the table, anywhere but the potty. I am not much help I know but at least you know your not the only mom of 4 that hasn't mastered potty training yet.