Hard Truth

12:48 PM Posted by Natalie


You may not hear much about it, but today marked the 36th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. Thousands of pro-life activists replaced the crowds attending the inauguration of Barack Obama in Washington, D.C. just two days ago. As a supporter of partial-birth abortion, leaving babies who survive botched abortions to die, and a man who promised that one of his first acts as president would be to pass the Freedom of Choice Act, I have been deeply saddened since the election. I have lamented often about what this means for the unborn....more will be murdered, with no end in sight. And that's not even to mention the effect it has on their mothers. My husband has told me during these discussions that he doesn't think Obama will do all these things. Maybe not, as we all know that politicians make promises during campaigns that they don't keep, and people continue to fall for it hook, line, and sinker while the Washington fat cats laugh all the way to the bank. But, news rumored that he would use today's anniversary, his first full day in office, to issue an executive order reversing the "Mexico City policy" which prohibits U.S. money from being used to fund abortion in foreign countries. I cannot confirm that he has, in fact, done so today, but it's coming. Abortion is big business. After all, they get women to PAY to murder their children, lie to them about the risks, then collect more funding for "breast cancer research" while denying the fact that abortion increases a woman's risk of the disease by as much as 50%. It's quite a business plan, don't you think?

The horror that is abortion has claimed 50 million little souls since 1973. It seems to be the mantra of the pro-abortion movement, including our current president, that we should not outlaw abortion, we should instead try to "reduce the number of abortions." I wonder if they even think about what they're saying. How exactly is releasing money for the funding of abortion and abortion programs around the world going to accomplish that? Of course, the billions spent in "sex education" programs haven't done any good anyway. One in four teenage girls has an STD. Over 1 million babies are aborted in this country every year.

So yes, I am fired up today. Mostly because at least half of this country refuses to see abortion for what it is....not a choice, but the willful murder of a child, all the while proclaiming, "God bless America!" And because I watched a video the other night that shook me to the very core of my being. Yes, I have seen pictures of aborted babies here and there over the years. I know in my mind and in my heart what it is, and that it is a sin that cries out to God for vengeance. But this video showed the reality of this terrible crime against humanity in a way that I think has forever changed the way I will see the pro-abortion side of things. It has also made me want to find a way to ACT, to do what it is within my power to do to help stop it. In the end, we will all be rewarded according to our works.

This video is called "Hard Truth" and you can see it here. I will forewarn you that it is VERY, VERY graphic, and horrible. Children should be nowhere around when you play it. I sobbed through the whole thing. But that is the terrible reality of it, and in my opinion, EVERY adult should watch it. I'm glad I did. The next time I hear of one of these unborn children referred to as "a glob of cells" or the "product of conception," I'm not sure what I will do. My heart is broken for these precious babies. Not only are they murdered simply for existing, but the people who are supposed to love them the most are convinced to deny who they are.

There is perhaps something else those who are so proud of and emotionally charged about the election of Barack Obama should consider...

0 comments: