Seriously?

9:43 AM Posted by Natalie

This is probably one of the more bizarre displays of rudeness I have experienced. A few minutes ago, my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number on the caller ID and was listed as "unknown name," but it was a local number. So, I went ahead and answered it. A woman asked for some kind of business or something, a name with some acronym in it. I said, "I'm sorry, you have the wrong number." The usual response is, "Okay, thank you," or sometimes even, "I'm sorry," and the person hangs up. But this lady says, "I have the wrong number?" You know, because that couldn't possibly happen, right? I said, "Yeeesss." Then she got huffy and said something like "Well, I have to blah blah blah," (I really didn't understand what she said) and then she said, "so you BETTER be right!" Click. WHA???? Yeah, lady, I'm lying to you, and am really not sure where the heck it is I'm living. Riiiight. People are wierd.

0 comments: