Mommy Brag

8:50 AM Posted by Natalie

You know we have to do it every now and again....moms have to brag about our kids. I guess it's that affirmation we need that, amidst all of the frustrations, missteps, and ups and downs, maybe, just maybe, we are doing something right and our kids will turn out okay after all.

We have always believed Alec was smart. I mean, we think our other kids are smart, too, but Alec has struck us as exceptionally bright. I know, I know....all parents think their children are especially smart, right? Well, yesterday we got the results from the Iowa Tests that the boys recently took at school. The summary of his test scores is as follows: "Alec's Core Total national percentile rank of 98 means that he scored higher than 98 percent of kindergarten students nationally. His overall achievement appears to be high for kindergarten." Now, I'd say that's some affirmation of our assessment, wouldn't you?

I think Lauren is a smart little cookie, too. Yeah, of course I do, right? Sunday on the way to church we were about 1/2 mile from the exit where we get off when she said, "We're almost there!" I was surprised that a 2 1/2 year old would realize where we were and how close we were to church. I don't know if that qualifies as above average or not, but it certainly impressed me! ;)

2 comments:

  1. cbdkndmom said...

    Funny how the little ones always seem to know. Congrats on the high scores Alec! Keep it up! Oh, and WTG Mom!

  2. Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

    I'd say they are pretty smart too! :)